Wednesday 4 January 2012

What Clothes Really Are "Sexy"?

hotspot
What's your sexiest outfit? I can name a dozen or so looks that make me feel sexy. (These outfits usually include gold and/or animal print.) But ask my boyfriend what he thinks is sexy, and you'd probably get a completely different answer.


To find out just how different our ideas of sexy are, we decided to try a little experiment. We asked our coworker Mandy to pick out her sexiest outfit, then asked her boyfriend Mike to do the same for her. (It's like a mini version of this weeklong dare when one of our editors let her BF dress her for a week. Check that out here.) Let's see what happened …
hotspot
Mandy's Take: "I love this purple dress/blazer combo. Not only is the zipper sexy -- I can choose how much to unzip -- but I also like how the blazer adds a more fashion-forward, classy feel. This look is sexy because it's fashionable and powerful."

Mike's Take: "I definitely think this outfit is a nice mix of elegance and playfulness. (Guys do take note of good fashion!) It's definitely appreciated, just as long as everyday activities, like going to Whole Foods, do not become a runaway event."
hotspot
Mike's Take: "At the end of the day, a guy wants to hang out with a girl who can kick it on the couch with TV and a beer. Makeup and a dress are fun for a night, but a fitted t-shirt and jeans are a keeper."

Mandy's Take: "This is great for cruising around during the day, but it's not something I would wear out at night. I feel sexiest when I'm dressed up -- either in going-out clothes, or even nice work clothes. I definitely feel the most confident in dresses and heels, and the more confident I feel, the sexier I feel."

Hmmm, so maybe guys just want us to wear jeans and t-shirts all the time? It would probably make things easier, but let's be honest: dressing up is way too much fun to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment